5micron GmbH is a young company which has been located in Berlin-Adlershof since January 2015. The 7-man team develops optical measuring methods and systems, and currently focuses mainly on unusual fields of application for:
- Highly precise measurements on large or faraway objects
- Geometric measurement of inaccessible surfaces
- Geometric measurements in harsh environments
5micron GmbH's current portfolio is made up of two business segments:
- Surface measurement technology
- Special illumination systems.
The business segment surface measurement technology is concerned primarily with development projects for the aviation industry which are based on optical methods. The methods are:
- Deflectometry (geometric measurements of dimensions such as length, torsion, roughness etc.). Resolution: 50µm
- Shadow method (defects inspection (OK / NOK decisions)). Resolution: 20µm
- Sample projection (analysis of surface structure/topography) resolution: 5µm
In the business segment special illumination systems, the feasibility of data transmission via pulses of light was demonstrated as part of an internal project.